Sunday, January 9, 2011

The context behind the story

Why rehash 25 years?  Why write down my story?

As I look into rediscovering myself, I also have to acknowledge certain truths about my own life, my past, and how it shapes the way I think, the way I relate, and the way I "do" life.  This blog is for myself, my journey, and my continued healing and moving forward.  It's also a step of obedience and a step of faith.  Many men and women have gone before me in sharing their lives transparently.  Because of their openness, and willingness to be used - God has gotten the glory..  Their stories give me courage and bright hope for my own.

 It is in our brokenness that His light may shine.  My story like many others is the story of continued redemption, grace, and healing.

Writing is the best vessel I have in expressing thought, and in a way it makes me acknowledge and be accountable for certain truths that I often brush off.  Even if I'm the only reader, the story still needs to be written.  And if somehow someone does stumble across this and it can resonate with them then may they find this to be a place where healing is welcomed.

My husband said it well "you can't talk about growth without talking about what taught you to grow".  

I find that people who fear sharing themselves, often don't know themselves.  I'm over trying to impress the world, it's time to just live.  The Lord keeps prompting me, and I will keep listening.  Keep writing.

May God's love be with you

1 comment:

  1. "You can't talk about growth without talking about what taught you to grow." -Steve is a wise man.

    "I find that people who fear sharing themselves, often don't know themselves." -You are a wise lady.

    But you're foolish if you think you're the only one reading. :)

    ReplyDelete