Saturday, February 26, 2011

A:: Revelation

A:: Revelation 

I had the chance to go visit a dear friend and mentor, Rebecca, today who just so happens to be the founder of Autumn's Re-Ride, a horse rescue and youth ranch that offers youth a safe place to connect with horses, to find healing, to enjoy simplicity, to be loved and encouraged without judgment.

When I worked for TASC I had the chance to take many groups of teens out to the ranch.  To see the healing that takes place there always provided me with such hope and joy.  It isn't a place for just kids to experience healing.  It is a place where I can go too and heal and just breath.

I hadn't been there in a couple months, and my heart has been getting very heavy.  I'm realizing more and more each day I am in a season that's forcing me to slow down to re-evaluate a lot of things, and to prepare myself for my next big journey.

Rebecca told me about one of the newly rescued horses, Revelation.  Revelation is a thorough-bred rescued off the racing track from Kentucky.  He spent his whole life racing and running going from an esteemed champion to an injured loser.  He never had the chance to rest, to be still, to slow down, to not have to spending his life running... Until now.

Just as this horse has been rescued and is now in a season of rest, rescue, and redemption at the ranch --- such as I experience a slower season of rest and quiet redemption.  As I entered the field, Rebecca told me he spooks kind of easily.  He doesn't trust many.

Revelation came right up to me (it surprised rebecca) and it was as if he knew me better than anyone else could have.  Never ever underestimate the power and healing horses can do for your soul.  In those few minutes, God met me in the windy field.  In fact, He met me all day long at the ranch, but it wasn't until my ride home that I saw the sweet connections God kept planting throughout the day.

Rebecca said many wise things today (as she always does) -- "this ranch is made to be a canvas we can all paint our stories on" "let this be a place you can leave your worries at the gate" "God makes us painfully aware during seasons that He is preparing us for our next big thing."

And may this season at the ranch be another season of healing, grace, and redemption. As is my prayer for the next season in my life as well, :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment