Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I leapt, He answered

It's absolutely amazing how God can answer prayer.  As many of you know, I had made the decision to take some time off over the next few months to focus on my most important roles - mom and wife, and to get back to volunteering at some other amazing orgs.  

However, I knew I would need to do something to supplement our income part-time.  AND I didn't know what that would look like.  In any job I have I want it to not be a "job" but a passion, a calling, a missional way of living, another way I can be an extension of His love whether it's at a nonprofit, church, restaurant, or retail store.

So, I made the decision to be obedient to the Lord even though there were a lot of unknowns... and turned in my notice at work.  God had been making it painfully obvious that my direction lied somewhere outside of where I was.

Within a couple days after turning in my notice a friend referred to a part-time opening with Cobblestone Project's Farm - as they were looking for a Farmer's Market Coordinator!  :)

10-15 hours per week, coordinating their farmers market booth, volunteers, and sharing how The Farm is planting on 10 acres and taking the produce raised and distributing it to local food pantries, soup kitchens, and other families who need it.  Food becomes a tool for relationships.

Besides being amazed with what this initiative is doing, the work hours still allow me to spend the week with my kids and have them even come with me to help at the farmers market sometimes!  

So when they said "we would love to have you join our team" all I could do was say "thank you, to a big God who always goes before me."

It also still gives me plenty of time to volunteer at places like autumns reride, to help in my grandpas recovery, and to have extremely fun days with my kiddos.

Praising Jesus for yet another answered prayer.  Thank you, Lord.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I'm glad I found this blog.

    Check out mine? I'm a photographer.

    www.electricbrandon.com

    If you want, follow it & I'll do the same. :) thanks.

    ReplyDelete