Thursday, June 2, 2011

Enough is enough...

Enough is enough...

Anyone who has known be for years knows that before I had kids I never struggled with my weight, or food, or self image...  I could eat what I wanted, when I wanted, and I never got bigger than a size four.

I gained forty pounds while pregnant with my son, since then almost 7 years ago, that number has just continued to rise...

Month by month my weight fluctuates drastically, and I've gone back and forth from being a size 8 to a size 14 for the past several years...  Fad diets, extreme diets, excessive exercise, tears, and sweat and the same results = short-term results that fade fast.

I almost had myself convinced that I didn't mind being bigger... "Coming to grips" with knowing I'll never be small again... But today, as I sat in bed all day sick, I came to some conclusions....

1) I do hate being overweight.
2) I don't have the self control I would like to have when it comes to food
3) food has become an idol of sorts in my life
4) I do deserve to lose weight if that's what will make me happy
5) I am my own worst enemy and my own best solution when it comes to facing this
6) I can and will make a change - it is time, it's overdue, I am worth it 

So, with that said I have a new motto - eat less, move more.  

I'm absolutely tired of guilting myself on every bite I eat... So, starting Monday I'm going to be sensible, engage in routine exercise, drink water, and watch my portions.

Anyone interested in helping me stay accountable, i would love to help me.  I am not saying I'll never eat foods I love, but I am saying I am ready to work on letting go of this stronghold.  I had an overwhelming feeling God placed on me today to just "trust He will take care of this area of my life".  So, I'm ready to walk in that promise.

2 comments:

  1. cool exactly how I feel I saw a guy Bob Greene on one of the talk shows and he said before you can lose any weight you have to find the root of why we eat, I eat when I'm stressed, unhappy, or sad. If we don't start with the route we will never be successful in losing weight. Makes sense food is a source of comfort. Then it's not about numbers but like you said plenty of exercise, watching our portions and lots of water. Eating 5 small meals a day is better then 3. Make sure your not hungry then we tend to nibble. I would love to help you I'm working on changing my attitude as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, lady. We must be on the same wavelength. I just bought a bike and new running shoes this weekend. I'm thinking about signing up for a 5k so I'll have something to work toward.

    ReplyDelete