Enough is enough...
Anyone who has known be for years knows that before I had kids I never struggled with my weight, or food, or self image... I could eat what I wanted, when I wanted, and I never got bigger than a size four.
I gained forty pounds while pregnant with my son, since then almost 7 years ago, that number has just continued to rise...
Month by month my weight fluctuates drastically, and I've gone back and forth from being a size 8 to a size 14 for the past several years... Fad diets, extreme diets, excessive exercise, tears, and sweat and the same results = short-term results that fade fast.
I almost had myself convinced that I didn't mind being bigger... "Coming to grips" with knowing I'll never be small again... But today, as I sat in bed all day sick, I came to some conclusions....
1) I do hate being overweight.
2) I don't have the self control I would like to have when it comes to food
3) food has become an idol of sorts in my life
4) I do deserve to lose weight if that's what will make me happy
5) I am my own worst enemy and my own best solution when it comes to facing this
6) I can and will make a change - it is time, it's overdue, I am worth it
So, with that said I have a new motto - eat less, move more.
I'm absolutely tired of guilting myself on every bite I eat... So, starting Monday I'm going to be sensible, engage in routine exercise, drink water, and watch my portions.
Anyone interested in helping me stay accountable, i would love to help me. I am not saying I'll never eat foods I love, but I am saying I am ready to work on letting go of this stronghold. I had an overwhelming feeling God placed on me today to just "trust He will take care of this area of my life". So, I'm ready to walk in that promise.