Friday, July 8, 2011

The beginning of the end...

A beginning to an end..

Today I stood in my shower and just prayed for a very very long time.  As each drop hit my feet I prayed for motivation, to not be so weary, to be able to trust in His timing... But each moment the water hit me heavier and heavier.

Then, because I took so long in the shower I scrambled to get ready quickly and went on with my day - feeling the same level of uncertain weight.  

What are my burdens?  I should be so happy and uplifted.

I am... And I am not.

I have so many blessings, but each day of waiting in our foster care journey has felt like an eternity.  I know in a logical sense it will be here before I know it and then I will probably be praying for a reprieve once it is here :) but for right now I hate the waiting it takes to get all our ducks in a row.

I fully understand it.  I fully appreciate it.  I fully struggle with it just the same.

But hours later God did what He had to do and what I prayed and prayed He would do... He sent me a sign.

And this is where I get to state the obvious blog title - it was a beginning to an end.  I can't go into great detail about what happened today, but if you know our story of why we got into this adventure and the people God placed in our lives a few years ago that made us realize we needed to do this then this is the part of the story that was miraculous.

We randomly heard from two very special people today that we hadn't talked to in over a year.  These special two were what led us to this calling in the first place and now we are able to see how they have grown and it has encouraged us in such a way that God has blatantly made it obvious He has us right where He wants us.

It has come full circle.

So, because I can't give details I felt it only fitting to say it is the beginning of the end of being able to openly discuss certain things that could normally be discussed due to confidentiality.  

Our foster care journey has made it's perfect circle.  And now we feel even more than ever that extra energy we so needed to finish this certification process strong.

Tomorrow is our very last training. We are almost there.  Thank you for praying.  God is moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment