Tuesday, July 12, 2011

My words aren't enough...

My words aren't enough...

A few nights ago, I sat with a friend and realized my words were just not enough to ease her challenges... Words seem very inadequate at times.  And as time goes on I feel more and more that way.

I am learning that my lack of language isn't always a bad thing.  Sometimes when words are hopelessly insufficient being silent can be a beautiful gift.

Our inadequacies can create a total dependence on Him... But that type of dependence does not come easy.  A certain level of brokenness and heart ache is always partnered with that type of challenge.

Tonight I watched a dear friend be cut to the core with sad broken unknowns. And my words just were not enough.

But I know this:

"My flesh and my heart may fail, 
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

My words will never be enough, but His grace always is.  I suppose this is just another light bulb moment that God is preparing me for with other unknown hurts on the horizon with kids that will join our home.

I love a God that is bigger than any challenge or problem.  A God who completes the good work He starts and brings peace to the weary.  A God who has great plans in store for each of us.

So when our words aren't enough sit silently... We weren't made for having all the answers, we were made to have the One true answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment