Sunday, September 25, 2011

The well will not run dry...

The well will not run dry 

I'm tired, but I knew I would be.  We have had a full week of court appointments, additions to our family, lots of work stuff, and some really hard/good/hard stuff this weekend that I can not go into.

Probably the old Rachel would have thrown her hands up in the air by now and cried and gave up...  But I'm not the old Rachel.

The old Rachel would have looked within and tried to pull herself up by the bootstraps and accomplished everything herself until she got so tired that she ran herself into the ground or got extremely ill....  

But I'm not that girl anymore.

The kind of strength and renewal I cling to now doesn't come from me, or my strength or abilities.  I can't run dry anymore.  My source for energy and strength and joy and persistence can only come from Him.  I've grown to be so dependent on Him that I can sit and say:

 I'm weary, I'm tired, I'm worn, but You are my strength and my portion and through You I will rest and refill my cup.

This well will not run dry, because His love endures forever.

So friends, if you are tired, broken, stressed, hurting, or empty you don't have to do it all alone anymore,

Let the God of peace carry you... I am certainly having to rely on being carried at this point.  And it feels good to rest in a Savior's arms and admit I can't do it without Him.  

Peace and love and sleep :),

Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment