Monday, January 2, 2012

unfinished business

A year ago I started this blog... I cannot help but laugh a bit at my naive self, I think somehow I thought that within a year's time that I would have my whole life figured out, and have myself in order...  Now, we are rolling into a new year.  These are the words I wrote when starting this blog:

"I still want the things I have always wanted - to love and be loved while making the greatest impact I can for Him...




2011 is an opportunity to figure out what that dream looks like now. I am only good to others, if I am good to myself. 2011 is a chance for me to be the best me I can be me for me, and then use that to love others well... So, here we go. Thanks for joining in my journey. It's time to share my story, it is time to stop procrastinating... I have words that need to be written."
 
Hmmm....

Well, with 95 posts, and 20 followers, lots of tears and kleenex while writing the above-mentioned posts, a totally different job, a totally different outlook on life and on what family is, I can say the journey is only still starting, and I am still trying to figure out the dream just as much now as ever before. 

2011 was good to me.  The biggest lesson I learned:  stop taking myself so seriously.

I never started this blog with the intent to have a million followers, or to sell ads or "monetize" as google likes to call it.  I honestly was and still am surprised and extremely honored when I have one single comment on here. 

This blog is really an extension of my heart, of the things that God puts on it, the things that frustrate me, the things that sometimes are the most difficult for me to talk about.  I have no idea how God will continue to use this thing, but I can say this:

this blog has taught me that transparency is the key to living well.  If I cannot be honest with myself, than I can never be honest to anyone who were to stumble upon this.

So, I have some unfinished business to this here blog, :) and if it is okay with you, I plan to keep writing on it for now :)

Blessings and lots of love for a new beautiful year,

Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment