Thursday, March 29, 2012

the art of "having it all together"...

I often laugh at how many emails, texts, or Facebook messages I get from people on daily/weekly basis asking me for advice because I "have it all together"...


Although, I am absolutely flattered and I LOVE to pray for people and if I can lend support or advice I am happy to and honored to, but the thing is I gave up trying to have it all together some time ago, lol...

Maybe what people are seeing is a disillusion of having it "all together" because I daily have to admit the complete opposite --- I don't have a clue most times, but I know Who does...

That is the beauty in living in brokenness though, really, when we realize that none of us can really ever have it all together, and if we ever think we do we probably really need a reality check or a slap in the face.

Most days our house is full of chaos, craziness, uncertainty, but one thing it never lacks is LOVE and FUN and rested assurance on something much greater than anything that I could provide or create... An assurance that only comes in a Savior.

I don't know what our future holds, and sometimes what the day will hold, but I do know that if God leads us to it, He will lead us through it. 

AND honestly sometimes I don't like where He leads us, but I always know it is with purpose - whether to grow me, prune me, learn something, or maybe it has absolutely nothing to do with me, my journey, my learning, but maybe He leads us places so that others can see and it resonate with them.

So, the point of this blog...

God has made us each beautiful... We are all broken, and if we can support one another and hold each other up that is absolutely what we are called to do. 

But never strive to have it all together...

Strive to live an uncomfortably, risky, and exhausting life for Him.  That is where He likes us best.

No comments:

Post a Comment